PHP Developer wanted!
We are looking for you for our team in Cologne!
CTS has been in the business of web development and web design for 15 years.
Our strengths lie in the creation of great ecommerce platforms based on Magento, the development of feature rich websites based on Contao and in customized building and engineering of powerful web applications based on the Symfony Framework. We love Open Source and contribute as much as we can.
Some of the tools we use are:
- Gitlab is our management tool of choice. Versioning, git workflow, merge requests, issue tracker with tight code integration, CI and CD. We love Gitlab
- Docker for our local development in combination with gulp for local CI and automatization
- Slack for communication and also CI integration. But you are allowed to speak to your colleagues directly, too :)
- MacOs or Linux/Ubuntu (or whatever distribution you prefer)
- PHP7 whenever we can. Some Magento Instances still run on PHP 5
- PHPStorm as IDE. But that’s not a requirement
- Together with our backend developers you will implement features and upgrades into our maintenance projects. The tasks are diverse. On one day you might be developing a new payment solution for an existing Magento project and on the next you’ll work on a GEOIP solution for a large Contao website.
- On our bigger projects you work agile with the whole team (we also have frontend developers and designers ;)), for periods spanning weeks to months, building a new platform, application, website or shop. We choose our customers carefully and make sure they understand the workflow.
- Working with new technologies. Every now and then we try out and evaluate new stuff. Not only PHP.
- You should have at least 3 years experience in PHP development and should be familiar with using composer and frameworks like Symfony or Zend Framework. If you already know Magento or Contao and have also experience with PHPUnit that’s a plus but not a requirement.
- You should be passionate about your Job and willing to learn new things.
- We expect Quality work. Write clean and understandable code. Don’t go for the quick solution if you don’t have to.
- Flexibility: You know how fast the web is evolving. You should enjoy thinking outside the (PHP) box digging into new promising technologies. It would be cool if you like to expand your and our horizon wherever come into contact with things like Cordova, Angular und Vue.js or Elasticsearch.
Goodies working at CTS
- budget for conferences, certifications etc
- flexible working hours
- A MacBook Pro or similar Linux Notebook and big 21:9 Monitor (if you like)
- Fruits, Sweets, Coke, Club Mate, Water, Coffee and for sure Schmitz Kölsch :)
- Employer-funded pension
- a great team and working atmosphere at our location in Cologne Ehrenfeld
If you are interested in working with us, please send your application to:
Daniel Schwiperich, email@example.com